Asian Style Noodles with Spicy Turkey and Peanut Sauce
- 6 Servings
- 15 mins or less Prep Time
- 30 mins or less Total Time
- 1 package 93% Lean / 7% Fat Ground Turkey
- 1 pound udon noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup chunky natural style peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry, Chinese rice wine or sake
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 English cucumber, peeled into strips with a vegetable peeler
|Serving Size||About 1 1/3 cups|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat||160|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 18 g||28 %|
|Saturated fat 3.5 g||18 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 65 mg||22 %|
|Sodium 730 mg||30 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 60 g||20 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5 g||20 %|
|Sugars 4 g|
|Protein 33 g|
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 4%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|
Step 1Cook noodles according to package instructions until al dente. Drain well.
Step 2Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add oil. Stir in ginger and garlic, and cook just until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
Step 3Add turkey and cook to 165°F using a meat thermometer, stirring occasionally and breaking up turkey with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes.
Step 4Whisk broth, peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, sherry, sugar and crushed pepper in medium bowl. Pour into skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid thickens and reduces by about half, about 10 minutes.
Step 5Top noodles with sauce, green onions and cucumber strips.
Similar RecipesView All
Hungry for More?
Sign up to get exclusive offers, recipes, and seasonal inspiration straight to your inbox.