How to make a stuffed burger
The only thing more delicious than a turkey burger, is a turkey burger stuffed with cheese! Learn how to make this mouth-watering Minneapolis staple by reading the instructions below.
What You'll Need
- 1 lb. 85% Lean / 15% Fat Ground Turkey (however, use whatever lean point you prefer!)
- 4 slices white cheddar cheese (or yellow American cheese would work too.)
- ½ a yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- First, season the ground turkey to your liking. (Check out these recipes for inspiration: Turkey Chipotle Burgers, Grilled Stuffed Turkey Burger)
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, form 8 balls about 2 inches each.
- Press these into thin patties, about ¼ an inch thick and place on a sheet of parchment paper. Tip: If the mixture sticks to your hands too much, wet your hands with a small amount of water and continue pressing the patties.
- Take a slice of cheese and fold in half, then in half once more. You should end up with 4 small squares. Place this stack on top of one patty. Repeat and add cheese to 3 more patties.
- Using the remaining formed patties, top each cheese filled turkey patty and carefully press the edges together. The trick is to fully enclose the cheese! You may also take each burger in your hands and carefully mold into a burger shape.
- Grill these immediately, or place back on the parchment in an airtight container and store it in the fridge until ready to prepare.
- To grill the burgers, heat the grill to high heat.
- Begin grilling by greasing the grates with canola oil.
- Cook the burgers on the first side for 5 minutes, covered to be sure the turkey is cooked through and your cheese is melted nicely.
- Carefully flip them over and cook for an additional 7-9 minutes to get a nice sear on the burger. Cook until the internal temperature of the turkey has reached 165 degrees. Resist the urge to flip again! You want those beautiful grill marks.
- Top with your favorite fixings and enjoy. Yields 4 burgers.
Hungry for More?
Sign up to get exclusive coupons, recipes, and seasonal inspiration straight to your inbox.Join Now
It is our mission to provide you the highest quality turkey products to create and share wholesome meals with the ones you love.Learn More
Thanks to turkey’s lean protein, you know you’re eating a meal you can feel good about. Dig in to find a new favorite for you and your family.Learn More