How to make perfect gravy
This guide to the perfect turkey gravy will have your family asking for more.
- First, loosen the brown bits from the bottom of the turkey roasting pan.
- Next, pour the reserved turkey juices through a colander.
- Then, pour the juice into a separate container. After a few minutes, the fat will start to separate. Skim 4 tablespoons of fat from the top and place them into a pan on medium heat.
- Add 4 tablespoons of flour to the pan. This will create a roux, which will be used to thicken your gravy. Stir thoroughly to remove all lumps. The roux should be a paste consistency. Cook for approximately 2 minutes, this will help remove any starch flavor.
- Next, slowly whisk in 1 ½ cups of chicken broth (or turkey broth if available). Continue stirring.
- Add remaining reserved turkey juice and cook until simmering. You may add more chicken broth to adjust the consistency of the gravy to your liking. You may add salt, pepper, and fresh herbs to taste. You are now ready to pour the gravy into a serving dish of your choice.
Hungry for More?
Sign up to get exclusive offers, recipes, and seasonal inspiration straight to your inbox.Join Now
It is our mission to provide you the highest quality turkey products to create and share wholesome meals with the ones you love.Learn More
Thanks to turkey’s lean protein, you know you’re eating a meal you can feel good about. Dig in to find a new favorite for you and your family.Learn More