Braised Turkey Thighs with Tomato and Garlic
- 6 Servings
- 10 mins Prep Time
- 70 mins Total Time
- 1 1/4 packages Turkey Thighs, skinned and boned
- 1 teaspoon olive, corn or peanut oil
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) no-salt-added tomatoes, undrained, or 4 to 5 ripe medium tomatoes, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon salt-free Italian seasoning or 1 teaspoon each fresh oregano and basil, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 to 8 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 small white onion, peeled and quartered
|Serving Size||About 1 2/3 cups (turkey skin not included in analysis)|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||205|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 23g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrates 9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 50%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|
Step 1Cut each turkey thigh into three pieces.
Step 2Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Step 3Cook turkey until no longer pink, about 2 to 3 minutes per side for each piece.
Step 4Combine tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; mix well.
Step 5Spoon over turkey. Reduce heat; simmer partially covered for 25 to 30 minutes.
Step 6Add mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash and onion. Continue simmering partially covered for 7 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp and turkey is fork-tender.
Similar RecipesView All
Hungry for More?
Sign up to get exclusive offers, recipes, and seasonal inspiration straight to your inbox.Join Now