Baked Eggplant Stuffed with Ground Turkey
- 6 Servings
- 15 mins Prep Time
- 35 mins Total Time
- 1 package (about 1 pound) 93% Lean/ 7% Fat Italian Style Seasoned Ground Turkey
- 1 large eggplant cut in half and diced
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/3 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
|Serving Size||1/3 of 1 stuffed eggplant half|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||110|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 13g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrates 18g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 30%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|
Step 1Wash eggplant and cut in half lengthwise. Carefully remove the pulp leaving 1/2 inch of the outer shell. Dice the pulp.
Step 2In a skillet, sauté the onions, mushrooms, bell pepper, garlic salt, black pepper and turkey in olive oil. Stir in tomato paste, bread crumbs, basil and eggplant pulp. Cook 8-12 minutes or until turkey is cooked to 165° F using a meat thermometer.
Step 3Spoon the turkey mixture into eggplant shell and place in an oiled 9 x 13-inch pan.
Step 4Top with Parmesan cheese and parsley and bake at 350° F for 15-20 minutes.
Step 5Garnish with more parsley if desired.
Similar RecipesView All
Hungry for More?
Sign up to get exclusive coupons, recipes, and seasonal inspiration straight to your inbox.Join Now