Grilled Turkey Stuffed Pita with Cucumber and Tahini Sauce
- 4 Servings
- 15 mins or less Prep Time
- 30 mins or less Total Time
- 1 package 97% Fat Free Ground White Turkey
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced or pressed
- 2 1/2 cups finely chopped English (seedless) cucumber, divided
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Large pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 medium pita breads with pockets, cut into halves
- Olive oil for brushing
|Serving Size||1 Pita Sandwich|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat||290|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 32 g||49 %|
|Saturated fat 5 g||25 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 80 mg||27 %|
|Sodium 980 mg||41 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 41 g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3 g||12 %|
|Sugars 5 g|
|Protein 41 g|
Vitamin A 20%
Vitamin C 60%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|
Step 1In a food processor, combine the garlic, 2 cups of cucumber, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and cayenne pepper, and process until smooth. Mix in the remaining cucumber. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Step 2In a large bowl combine turkey, bell pepper, parsley, breadcrumbs, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, cumin, cinnamon and pepper.
Step 3Grill with indirect heat, turning once, until filling feels firm when pita is pressed, about 15 minutes. Remove from grill and let stand 3 minutes.
Step 4Cut each pita in half crosswise and serve with sauce for dipping.
Similar RecipesView All
Hungry for More?
Sign up to get exclusive offers, recipes, and seasonal inspiration straight to your inbox.