One Pot Smoked Turkey
- 8 Servings
- 20 mins Prep Time
- 7 hrs 20 mins Total Time
- 1 package Bone-In Turkey Breast, Spatchcock prior to smoking
- Kosher salt & ground black pepper
- Olive oil or melted butter- as needed
- 1 large yellow onion- cut into ½” pieces
- 1 package baby carrots
- 2 lbs. small red potatoes or Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 ea. fresh corn on the cob- cut into 4 equal pieces
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves- thinly sliced
Step 1Preheat Smoker to 250°F.
Step 2Follow Spatchcock procedure. Liberally season the spatchcocked bone-in breast on all sides with Kosher salt & pepper.
Step 3Place the vegetables into a roasting pan, disposable pan works well too. Place the turkey on top of the vegetables skin side up. Pour the chicken stock into the pan, making sure to cover the vegetables with the stock to help cook them.
Step 4Place pan on the smoker. Approximately every hour, baste the turkey breast with the olive oil/or melted butter.
Step 5Continue to baste every hour until the turkey breast reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165°F (approximately 7 hours), making sure to insert the thermometer in the thickest portion of the breast.
Step 6Once the turkey is cooked remove from the smoker. To serve the smoked side vegetables, heat some unsalted butter in a small sauce pan, add thinly sliced fresh garlic, bring to a simmer and pour over the smoke roasted veggies. Place on a platter and serve immediately with carved turkey breast.
Similar RecipesView All
Hungry for More?
Sign up to get exclusive offers, recipes, and seasonal inspiration straight to your inbox.