Sweet & Spicy Turkey Tacos
- 6-Apr Servings
- 15 min Prep Time
- 20 min Total Time
- 1 lb 93% Lean Ground Turkey
- Tip: choose the ground turkey you like best! 85%, 93%, or 99% - our leanest ground turkey!
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce package hot and spicy dry taco seasoning. Tip: make your own simple spice blend! Use 1 teaspoon each of your favorites, such as paprika, garlic powder, cumin, coriander, chipotle, ancho, cayenne and salt.
- 3/4 cup water
- Flour or corn tortillas or hard taco shells
- Mango salsa (pre-made or make your own)
- Sour cream
- Diced avocado
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
|Serving Size||1 Taco|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 14 g|
|Saturated fat 4 g||20 %|
|Cholesterol 70 mg||23.3 %|
|Sodium 820 mg||34 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 28 g||9.3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||8 %|
|Sugars 3 g|
|Protein 22 g||44 %|
Vitamin A 4.11%
Vitamin C .33%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|
Step 1Preheat and 8- to 10-inch nonstick skillet on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
Step 2Add 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil.
Step 3Add turkey and cook until browned and crumbly. Ensure that turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165°F using a meat thermometer.
Step 4Reduce heat to low.
Step 5Add spice packet and water; cook 3 minutes.
Step 6Warm tortillas.
Step 7Pile on the taco meat, mango salsa, cilantro and hot sauce, and enjoy!