Light Turkey Corn Chowder
- 6 Servings
- 10 mins Prep Time
- 2 hr 55 mins Total Time
- 1 package 99% Fat Free Turkey Breast Tenderloins
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 cup white or yellow onion, diced
- 1-1/2 cups russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 2 cups corn kernels, frozen or fresh cut off the cob
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 tbsp. water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Parsley, minced (optional)
- Breadsticks (optional side dish)
|Serving Size||About 1 1/4 cups|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||20|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2.5g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrates 26g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Vitamin A 40%
Vitamin C 15%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|
Step 1Add carrots, celery, onion, potato, chicken broth, salt and thyme to a 4- to 6-quart oval slow cooker.
Step 2Cover and cook on low-heat setting about 3 hours or on high setting about 1 1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender.
Step 3Stir in corn, milk and turkey. Cover and cook about 1 hour on high or until turkey is cooked to 165°F using a meat thermometer.
Step 4In a small bowl stir together cornstarch and water; stir into the chowder mixture. Cover and cook until chowder begins to bubble and thickens slightly, about 10-15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley, if desired, and serve with breadsticks.
Similar RecipesView All
Hungry for More?
Sign up to get exclusive offers, recipes, and seasonal inspiration straight to your inbox.Join Now