Turkey Sausage, Tomato, Chickpea Stew
- 4 Servings
- 15 mins or less Prep Time
- 30 mins or less Total Time
- 3 Sweet Italian Turkey Sausages, casings removed
- Cooking spray
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 6 oz. fresh baby spinach or torn fresh spinach leaves, about 4 cups
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Grilled bread (optional)
|Serving Size||About 1 1/4 cups|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrates 33g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 9g||36%|
Vitamin A 60%
Vitamin C 50%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|
Step 1Heat a large, preferably nonstick, Dutch oven over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray.
Step 2Add onions to the Dutch oven and cook over medium-high heat until softened, about 3 minutes
Step 3Add the sausage and crumble, cooking until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
Step 4Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, chickpeas and Italian seasoning.
Step 5Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Step 6Add the spinach and cook just until it wilts. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Step 7To serve, place grilled bread in bowls, pour the stew on top and sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese.
Similar RecipesView All
Hungry for More?
Sign up to get exclusive coupons, recipes, and seasonal inspiration straight to your inbox.Join Now