Turkey Fagioli Soup
- 8 Servings
- 15 mins Prep Time
- 1 hr Total Time
- 1 lb. leftover whole turkey, shredded or Boneless Turkey Roast with Gravy (white and dark meat) substituted for leftover whole turkey.
- 1 lb. Mild Italian Sausage Roll
- 1 cup Ditalini pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 (16 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 (14 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (16 oz.) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh parmesan (optional)
|Serving Size||about 2 cups (salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese not included in analysis)|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrates 44g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||25%|
Vitamin D 0%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|
Step 1Cook pasta according to instructions on box. Set aside until ready to serve. (Do not add to soup while cooking as it will absorb the stock and expand.)
Step 2Place olive oil in large stock pot. Cook turkey and sausage until brown and internal temperature is 165°F. Do not drain any of the fat. Remove the turkey and sausage and set aside.
Step 3In the same stock pot, add the garlic, onions, carrots and celery. Cook until softened. Add the turkey and sausage back into the pot and stir.
Step 4Add the chicken stock, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, basil, oregano, thyme and salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Step 5After 30 minutes, add the beans and cook an additional 10 minutes.
Step 6Prior to serving, add the pasta. Garnish with freshly grated parmesan.
Similar RecipesView All
Hungry for More?
Sign up to get exclusive offers, recipes, and seasonal inspiration straight to your inbox.Join Now