Grilled Turkey Tenderloin with Mushroom Sauce
- 4 Servings
- 10 mins Prep Time
- 35 mins Total Time
- 1 package Turkey Breast Tenderloins
- 6 strips Hardwood Smoked Turkey Bacon
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1/8 cup fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup, 1 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
|Serving Size||1/2 of 1 tenderloin, about 2 TBs mushroom mixture and 1 TB cheese|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||130|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrates 2g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 2%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|
Step 1Preheat charcoal or gas grill.
Step 2Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Step 3Cook onion and mushroom until softened, about 5 minutes.
Step 4Wrap each tenderloin with 3 strips of bacon; secure with toothpick.
Step 5Grill turkey for 5 minutes on each side.
Step 6Cover and grill for 10 more minutes or until no longer pink and internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Step 7Remove turkey; top with onions, mushrooms and cheese.
Step 8Garnish with parsley.
Grilled Turkey Tenderloin FAQs
Turkey tenderloin is a boneless and skinless cut taken from the turkey breast. Since turkey tenderloin contains minimal fat (about one gram of fat per serving), it can dry out if you cook it for too long.
The correct cooking time for grilling tenderloin may vary depending on the tenderloin’s size. For the best results, set your grill to 350°F and grill your turkey tenderloin for five minutes on each side until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Grilling each side will sear the meat and lock in the juices to ensure a moist tenderloin. After searing each side for 5 minutes each, leave the tenderloin inside your covered grill for ten minutes.
Your turkey tenderloin is ready to eat when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. You can confirm the internal temperature by inserting a meat thermometer into the thickest portion of the tenderloin. If you don’t have a thermometer, verify that your grilled tenderloin is ready to eat by cutting it open and checking that the center is not pink.
If you want to make juicy turkey tenderloins on the grill, we recommend marinating them before grilling them. A basic marinade will contain oil, spices (salt and pepper), and acid. The acid could be lemon or pineapple juice, wine, or vinegar.
You should fully submerge your turkey tenderloin in the marinade and place it in the fridge for at least four hours. For even better results, marinate your turkey overnight in a zipper-sealed storage bag or vacuum-sealed bag placed in the fridge. Note that marinating your turkey tenderloin for more than 2 days could spoil it.
Marinating your tenderloin will help the turkey absorb moisture and flavor from the marinade. As you grill the marinated tenderloin, the meat will lose some moisture but retain enough to keep it juicy.
An alternative to marinating your turkey tenderloin is wrapping it in aluminum foil before grilling. The foil wrap will trap steam and moisture as the tenderloin cooks, preventing it from drying out. It will also allow the turkey to cook in its own juices, leading to more flavorful meat. During the last few minutes of your cook time, take the tenderloin out of the foil wrap and grill both sides of the exterior to create a nice crust.
Our 99% fat-free turkey breast tenderloins deliver only 120 calories per serving, making them an excellent choice for healthy meals. You can pair your grilled turkey tenderloins with almost anything you want. For example, you can chop up the grilled tenderloin and sprinkle it over a salad, or you can use slices of grilled tenderloins to build a burger or sandwich.
Alternatively, use grilled turkey tenderloins in recipes that include:
- Mashed potatoes
If you want super flavorful turkey breast tenderloins, prepare a gravy you can drizzle over them once cooked.
If you love our grilled turkey tenderloin with mushroom sauce recipe, you should try these other tasty grilled turkey tenderloin recipes:
- McCormick® Grill Mates® Garlic & Herb Turkey Tenderloins Kabobs with Grilled Vegetable Kabob and Basil Pesto: One package of McCormick® Grill Mates® Garlic and Herb Marinated Turkey Breast Tenderloins will give you enough for six servings. The meal takes 40 minutes to prepare and requires easily-accessible ingredients, such as Italian dressing, garlic, bell peppers, nuts and parmesan cheese. The recipe is ideal for parties because you serve the turkey tenderloins on easy-to-hold skewers.
- Stuffed & Grilled Rotisserie Turkey Tenderloins: You will need one package of Rotisserie Flavor Turkey Breast Tenderloins and eight slices of smoked bacon, which makes enough for six servings. The recipe requires stuffing your turkey tenderloins with a delicious filling mixed with bacon, garlic, onions, cheese and roasted red peppers. The juices from the bacon and cheese will keep the tenderloin moist and flavorful while it grills.
- Grilled Turkey Tenderloins with Mango Salsa: This simple and wholesome recipe takes about 50 minutes to make. The dish is aesthetically pleasing since topping your grilled turkey tenderloins with mango salsa delivers bright flavors. Create a filling meal by serving your grilled tenderloins and mango salsa with rice.
Similar RecipesView All
Hungry for More?
Sign up to get exclusive offers, recipes, and seasonal inspiration straight to your inbox.Join Now