Parmesan Garlic Turkey Meatball Hoagie with Giardiniera Relish
- 8 Servings
- 20 mins Prep Time
- 35 mins Total Time
- For the Turkey Meatballs: 1 lb. 85% Lean / 15% Fat Ground Turkey
- Tip: For easier prep, start with Parmesan Garlic Turkey Meatballs
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 x 1/2" cubes
- For the Sub Sandwich Toppings:
- 4 hoagie buns, lightly toasted
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup prepared giardiniera relish, pulsed briefly in food processor if necessary
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly into rings
|Serving Size||1/2 sandwich|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 33g||42%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrates 25g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|
Step 1To prepare the Parmesan Garlic Meatballs, preheat the oven to 350°F.
Step 2Stir breadcrumbs and milk together in a large bowl and let sit for 5 minutes. Add the egg, cheese, parsley, oregano, and salt. Stir until well blended.
Step 3Add the ground turkey and use a fork, or your fingers, to gently mix until combined. Do not over mix.
Step 4Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions.
Step 5Wet your hands. Form each turkey portion into a ball around a cube of mozzarella.
Step 6Place the meatballs on a half sheet pan and bake for 10-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 165°F.
Step 7While the meatballs are cooking, spread mayonnaise evenly on hoagie buns, then add giardiniera relish (available at most grocery stores, near the pickles/olives).
Step 8Once the meatballs are finished baking, place 3 on each bun.
Step 9Top with thinly sliced red onion rings and sliced tomatoes.
Similar RecipesView All
Hungry for More?
Sign up to get exclusive coupons, recipes, and seasonal inspiration straight to your inbox.Join Now