Slow Cooker Turkey Drumsticks
- 3 Servings
- 15 mins Prep Time
- 6 hrs Total Time
- 3 turkey drumsticks (about 1/2 lb. each)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb. russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cups carrots, peeled and cut in large chunks
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Chopped parsley, optional
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
|Serving Size||1 drumstick and about 1 cup vegetables and sauce|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 26 g||33 %|
|Saturated fat 6 g||30 %|
|Trans fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 160 mg||53 %|
|Sodium 800 mg||35 %|
|Total Carbohydrates 20 g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||7 %|
|Sugars 5 g|
|Protein 46 g|
Vitamin D 0%
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This is a representation of the nutrition label. The actual nutrition label on the product may vary slightly.|
Step 1Heat a large heavy skillet over medium high heat and add the oil.
Step 2Place drumsticks or turkey legs in the skillet and brown on all sides.
Step 3Place the potatoes, carrots, onions and garlic in an oval 5-6 quart slow cooker. Place drumsticks on top of the vegetables.
Step 4Combine the broth, Worcestershire sauce and salt in a small bowl and pour over the drumsticks. Sprinkle the drumsticks with the poultry seasoning.
Step 5Cover and cook on LOW until the turkey and vegetables are tender, about 6 hours.
Step 6Serve the turkey with the vegetables. Spoon some of the onions and sauce over the meat and garnish with parsley if desired. Season to taste with salt and pepper.